- News & Views
- Topical Groups
- ChemExpo / National Chemistry Week
- Earth Day / Earth Week
- Undergraduate Travel Grants
- Education Committee
- Teacher Affiliates
- Student Affiliates
- Undergraduate Research Conference
- NJ Chemistry Olympics
- Int’l Chemistry Olympiad
- Project SEED
- Quick Links, etc
NJ-ACS Undergraduate Student Travel Grant
New this year, the North Jersey section is now offering travel grants to undergraduates to present papers or posters at ACS meetings.
- Applicants are required to present a paper or poster at the ACS National Meeting.
- Applicants must be members of the ACS in the North Jersey Section.
- Complete the Submission Form, including the required supporting materials.
- Application deadlines for National Meetings will typically be postmarked by November 15 for the Spring meeting and postmarked by May 1 for the Fall Meeting
Travel application process for Undergraduate Students:
In 2014-15 the NJACS will award four travel grants of $600 each to aid undergraduate students in presenting papers or posters at ACS Meetings. Scientific add & adhd merit of the paper to be presented will be considered. To apply for the Undergraduate Student Travel Award, submit the supporting documents below by US mail to: NJ-ACS Section Secretary, 49 Pippins Way, Morristown, NJ 07960
- A copy of the PACS abstract including the submission page identifying the Division and the Presenter (PACS is the abstract submission system used for ACS meetings).
- A letter of support from the applicant’s research advisor which includes a description of the student’s innovative and original contributions to the research project.
- A memo from the department chair stating that you are the applicant representing that institution.
- A copy of the applicant’s resume.