The NJ-ACS Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group (MSDG) was formed in 1989 to promote and disseminate knowledge of mass spectrometry and related topics.
MSDG is an integral part of the American Chemical Society (ACS) North Jersey Section. Membership includes over 1,100 scientists involved in research and development both at academic, industrial and governmental laboratories.
Although the majority of our members reside in New Jersey, some come from its neighbor states of New York and Pennsylvania. Our interests include advancement of techniques and instrumentation in mass spectrometry, as well as application of mass spectrometry in biological sciences, pharmaceutical development, environmental testing, and beyond.
MSDG sponsors the following activities:
- Vendor-sponsored seminars that highly focus on mass spectrometric applications in pharmaceutical, biotech, clinical, chemical, environmental sciences.
- New Jersey Regional Award for Distinguished Achievements in Mass Spectrometry
- New Jersey Early Career Award in Mass Spectrometry
- New Jersey Distinguished Service Award in Mass Spectrometry
- NJ-ACS MSDG Student Travel Award
- NJ-ACS MSDG Distinguished Lectureship
MSDG also hosts The Annual Vendor Show on Mass Spectrometry that is attended by more than 300 local mass spectrometry users and major manufacturers and service providers related to mass spectrometry field.
2021 MSDG Board Contacts
Michael B. Peddicord
Treasurer / Chair Elect
Carolina Cabral-Berthiaume, PhD
David J. Schenk, PhD
Director of Communications
Director of Event Coordination
Jasmine Lu, PhD
Director of Awards
Gene Hall, PhD
Director of Sponsor Relations
Bingming Chen, PhD
Director of Public Relations
HsinPin Ho, PhD
Long Yuan, PhD
Paul Tukey, PhD