From: Jeannette Brown
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 4:15 PM
Subject: WGBH Looking for female Chemical Engineers
The deadline for the request below has been extended to the end of June.
Also the Chemical Engineer does not have to be from Boston.
This is a chance for the world to learn some information about the work of chemical engineers.
Please pass this on to people in your corporation or university.
Jeannette E. Brown
NJACS Publicity Chair
From: Felicia Dixon [email@example.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: FW: Looking for some Female Chemical Engineers
Dear WCC members,
Below is a request from WGBH in Boston, they are looking for female chemical engineers to profile. This request was sent to us by the ACS Local Section Office.
WGBH is working on a new project, Extraordinary Women Engineers Project, and we are looking for young women engineers as potential subjects for video and text profiles on a Web site we are developing with the National Academy of Engineering. We’re looking for chemical engineers and wondered if you might have any leads on potential candidates. We are especially looking for women in the Boston area, but not exclusively. Because we’re looking for someone who will inspire high school girls, we’d prefer candidates that are just starting out in their career.
We’re specifically looking for:
- women under 35
- with just a BS of MA in engineering (we prefer someone without a PhD)
- working in the industry (rather than at a university)
- it would be a plus if the engineers were Asian, Latina, or African American
- located in the Boston area would also be a plus
This is the preliminary information we’d need before interviewing a candidate:
- a bio or any links about her on the Web
- a photo (or link to a photo of her on the Web), so we can assess whether we think she might make a good video candidate
- An email address or phone number
If you know of anyone or would like more information, please contact:
Thanks for your help!