The NJ-ACS Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group (MSDG) was formed in 1989 to promote and disseminate knowledge of mass spectrometry and related topics.
MSDG is an integral part of the American Chemical Society (ACS) North Jersey Section. Membership includes over 1,100 scientists involved in research and development both at academic, industrial and governmental laboratories.
Although the majority of our members reside in New Jersey, some come from its neighbor states of New York and Pennsylvania. Our interests include advancement of techniques and instrumentation in mass spectrometry, as well as application of mass spectrometry in biological sciences, pharmaceutical development, environmental testing, and beyond.
MSDG sponsors the following activities:
- Vendor-sponsored seminars that highly focus on mass spectrometric applications in pharmaceutical, biotech, clinical, chemical, environmental sciences.
- New Jersey Regional Award for Distinguished Achievements in Mass Spectrometry
- New Jersey Early Career Award in Mass Spectrometry
- New Jersey Distinguished Service Award in Mass Spectrometry
- NJ-ACS MSDG Student Travel Award
- NJ-ACS MSDG Distinguished Lectureship
- Science and Engineering Program for young cadet of Civil Air Patrol – NJ unit
- MSDG has sponsored the science and engineering program for young cadet of Civil Air Patrol – NJ units. Civil Air Patrol is one of youth programs of US Air force. NJ ACS MSDG is a sponsor of New Jersey local community. It serves the purpose for promoting science among middle school students.
MSDG also hosts The Annual Vendor Show on Mass Spectrometry that is attended by more than 300 local mass spectrometry users and major manufacturers and service providers related to mass spectrometry field.
2014 MSDG Board Contacts
Robert M. Iannucci
Treasurer / Chair Elect
Director Awards & Arrangements
Director of Communications
Director of Public Relations
Fangbiao Li (2013)
Pictures from the 2014 Fall Vendor Show and Symposium
Picture from the June 2014 Meeting
Pictures from the December 2012 Meeting
Benefactors & Sponsors
We are grateful to our sponsors for underwriting nearly all the costs of our monthly meetings, seminars, and symposia, and we are always pleased to find new sponsors. Please help! For more info contact: Mingxiang Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2011 Benefactors
The Benefactors have sponsored an MSDG meeting in 2011
Our 2010 Benefactors
The Benefactors have sponsored an MSDG meeting in 2010
Our 2009 Sponsors
These Sponsors have given MSDG unrestricted donations in 2009
Our 2008 Benefactors
The Benefactors have sponsored an MSDG meeting in 2008
Our 2008 Sponsors
These Sponsors have given MSDG unrestricted donations in 2008
Our 2007 Sponsors
These Sponsors gave MSDG unrestricted donations in 2007