If you are interested in joining the YCC Planning Committee or volunteering the day of the event (Liberty Science Center, October 20, 2012 from 10-2pm) please let us know by signing up or at our YCC Google Group
Volunteers are asked to donate 2 hours of their time (10am-noon or noon-2pm) and in exchange are invited to spend the rest of the day enjoying the Liberty Science Center free of charge.
- Glitter Slime: Demonstrates the Importance of Mucus to the human immune system
- Sweet Measurements: Demonstrates the Importance of Nutrition: Visual Representation of how much sugar is in common food products
- Paper Cover-up: Demonstrates how wax protects your food and other surfaces from water, etc.
- Sniffing out good taste: Demonstrates the importance of sense of smell when eating and how it affects taste of food
- Vacuum Packing People: Demonstrates the removal of oxygen from food extending the storage quality of preserved foods.