Percy Julian was a pioneering chemist and a member of the National Academy of Science — the first African American chemist to receive that honor. NOVA produced a documentary on his life and work, which was aired on PBS and is available on DVD. View the following links for further information:
- The NOVA program is available at the ACS website Percy Julian on NOVA
- A promotional webpage, including a brief video clip.
- The NOVA site: http://www.pbs.org/nova/julian, which includes a Teacher’s Guide, and many other resources,
- A press release: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-01/acs-nta011107.php
- A You Tube video that NOVA has prepared. The URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-ZyL0T8ic
- A link to Percy Julian: “Forever Fight To Keep Hope Alive”: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/acsnews/85/8504comment.html,