“Models, Pharmacogenomics, Pharmacokinetics”
Venue: Hotel Somerset Bridgewater (formerly Crowne Plaza, formerly Somerset Plaza), 110 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873.
Please contact Karen Dingley at email@example.com for information concerning exhibits.
[ program book ]
08:00 am — Registration / Continental Breakfast / Vendor Exhibit
Dr. Allen Jones, Chair, NJDMDG
“Novel Hepatic Model Systems for Investigating Mechanisms of Drug-Induced
Liver Injury (DIU)”
Edward L. LeCluyse, Ph.D. , Associate Investigator Institute for Chemical Safety Sciences The Hamner Institutes for Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC
“Pharmacogenomics in American Indian Populations”
Erica L. Woodahl, Ph.D. , Associate Professor Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences University of Montana, MT
10:45 am — Vendor Exhibit & Coffee Break
“Pharmacokinetics of Proteins and Peptides”
Joseph P. Balthasar, Ph.D. , Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
12:15 pm — Lunch & Vendor Exhibit
“Glucuronidation, sulfation, and pharmacokinetics of conjugated metabolite”
Swati Nagar, Ph.D. , Associate Professor, Temple University School of Pharmacy, Philadelphia, PA
2:30 pm — Vendor Exhibit & Coffee Break
“A panel of translational xenoreceptor, cytochrome P450, transporter and transplanted liver humanized mouse models for improved prediction of drug responses in Man”
Nico Scheer, Ph.D., Head of the tADMETTM portfolio, Taconic Farms, Inc., Cranbury, NJ
3:45 pm — Program Closure
Directions to the Hotel Somerset Bridgewater
Hotel Somerset Bridgewater was formerly Crowne Plaza, formerly Somerset Plaza
110 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873
- From the New Jersey Turnpike:
Exit 10 to Interstate 287 North. Follow 10 miles to Exit 10 (527 New Brunswick-South Bound Brook). Easton Ave towards South Bound Brook to first light, make left (Davidson Ave.)
- From New York City:
Lincoln Tunnel to N.J. Turnpike South. Follow N.J. Turnpike directions mentioned above.
- From Route 287:
- If traveling north: Exit 10 (527 New Brunswick-South Bound Brook). Follow sign towards Bound Brook, to light make left (Davidson Ave.)
- If traveling south: Exit 10 (527 New Brunswick). Left on Easton Ave., to light, make left (Davidson Ave).
- From the Newark Airport
Take NJ Turnpike South to Exit 10- I-287 North to Exit 10 (Easton Ave) to first light, go left on Davidson Ave. Hotel immediately on left.
2015 National Chemistry Week: “Chemistry Colors our World”
National Chemistry Week (NCW) is a community-based annual event that unites ACS local sections, businesses, schools, and individuals in communicating the importance of chemistry to our quality of life.
Message From Luciano Mueller
It is a great honor for me to serve as the Chair of the North Jersey Section of the ACS (NJACS) in 2016. I thank my colleagues on the executive committee, the topical group chairs, and the many volunteers who have contributed to numerous section activities and events throughout this year.
- The Food Court: Chewing the fat over good red wine July 1, 2014
- Flowers & Power: Flexible sensors on leaves and bugs detect environmental conditions, toxic gas June 24, 2014
- The Food Court: In search of an even better breed of strawberries June 17, 2014
- Flowers & Power: Natural, renewable nanomaterial can potentially cause more harm than asbestos June 10, 2014
- Flowers & Power: Rise of nitrous oxide emissions endangers climate and ozone efforts June 4, 2014
- Flowers & Power: Student finds promising material for ‘green’ energy May 27, 2014