Date: Held on October 11, 2012, 8:00 am – 3:45 pm
Please contact Karen Dingley at firstname.lastname@example.org for information concerning exhibits.
Registration Fees & Info
- Pre-registration fee is $125 (by October 5, 2012). Registration is free for students and unemployed (with proper identification). Registration fee at the door is $150 (Checks only).
- Checks should be made payable to: NJ Drug Metabolism Discussion Group.
- Please plan to pre-register as a group, as coordinated by a member of the NJACS DMDG steering committee from your organization (see list above).
- If you have no DMDG member at your company, please contact Allen Jones (email@example.com for registration.
- Payments by personal or company checks. Sorry, credit cards are not accepted.
Registration / Continental Breakfast / Vendor Exhibit
Dr. Allen Jones, Chair, NJDMDG
“Investigating Chemotherapeutic Drug Disposition and Toxicity using Transporter Knockout and Humanized Mice”
Dr. Lauren Aleksunes, Assistant Professor
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
“Evolving Trends in Complex Culture Systems and Their Utility in Drug Development: Focus on hepatotoxicity”
Mr. Albert Reising, Lab Head- Models of Organ Toxicity
Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ
Vendor Exhibit & Coffee Break
“Identifying and Eliminating Biotransformation Liabilities Early in Drug Discovery”
Dr. Kaushik Mitra, Department of Pharmacodynamics, Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism
Merck, Rahway, NJ
Lunch & Vendor Exhibit
“Induction of Mouse Carboxylesterase Expression and Function following Developmental Pesticide Exposure: Role of the Constitutive Androstane Receptor the role of environment and development in regulating metabolism”
Dr. Jason Richardson, Assistant Professor
Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and Resident Member Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, Piscataway, NJ
Vendor Exhibit & Coffee Break
“UGT phenotyping, clearance predictions and DDI assessment”
Dr. Theunis Goosen, Associate Research Fellow
Directions to the Hotel Somerset Bridgewater
Hotel Somerset Bridgewater was formerly Crowne Plaza, formerly Somerset Plaza
110 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ 08873
- From the New Jersey Turnpike:
Exit 10 to Interstate 287 North. Follow 10 miles to Exit 10 (527 New Brunswick-South Bound Brook). Easton Ave towards South Bound Brook to first light, make left (Davidson Ave.)
- From New York City:
Lincoln Tunnel to N.J. Turnpike South. Follow N.J. Turnpike directions mentioned above.
- From Route 287:
- If traveling north: Exit 10 (527 New Brunswick-South Bound Brook). Follow sign towards Bound Brook, to light make left (Davidson Ave.)
- If traveling south: Exit 10 (527 New Brunswick). Left on Easton Ave., to light, make left (Davidson Ave).
- From the Newark Airport
Take NJ Turnpike South to Exit 10- I-287 North to Exit 10 (Easton Ave) to first light, go left on Davidson Ave. Hotel immediately on left.
Search this site . . .
The latest issue of The Indicator is now available for download.
Message From Miriam Gulotta
Becoming the 2018 Chair of NJACS is an immense honor as well as a daunting responsibility. First, I want to thank all the people who participate in NJACS topical groups, symposia, SEED mentors/mentees, College Chapters, ... and all the other NJACS involved events. It’s you who are both the face and the strength of our section.
ACS Pressroom Blog
C&EN Twitter Feed