Careers in Transition (CIT) – ChemJobs meets on the second Monday of each month to help those in transition and others seeking to enhance their careers.
The meeting schedule is posted on the Section’s home page, in addition the meeting times are given in The Indicator. You are strongly urged to register when you are planning on attending a meeting to ensure we will have adequate facilities. Please fill out the registration form on the right.
We are also available at most topical group meetings. At the meetings, a job board will be available for your perusal and we are willing to introduce you to key hiring managers that are present. You are welcome to join us in a pre-meeting session which starts an hour before the meeting. During the session you will be given advice on perfecting your elevator speech and ways that you can prepare for encounters with key hiring personnel. Contact Bill Suits at if you will be attending a pre-meeting session..
For further help contact a career consultant or use the National ACS Career resource center.
CIT ChemJobs Sign-up Form
I would like to attend the next Careers In Transition ChemJobs meeting. This service is free to all ACS members!You’ll receive a confirmation email from Bill Suits or Rick Yglesias. Please notify Bill by email () of any changes or cancellation.
Job Hunting Resources
- NJ-ACS Careers in Transition ChemJobs Monthly Workshop
- No. Jersey Chemistry Job Postings at Yahoo! Groups
- ACS Job Seekers – Browse Jobs by Work Function
- ACS Careers Blog
- Comprehensive Listing of Pharma, Cosmetic & Health Companies in NJ
- The Job Hunter’s Bible
- US Dept of Labor index to State Job Banks
- Monster Jobs
- ChemistryJobs.com – A Dedicated Site for Chemistry Professionals
- Royal Society of Chemistry – WorldJobSearch
- J. Nature – NatureJobs.com service
- Science (AAAS journal) – ScienceCareers service
- ChemWeb.com – Jobs service
ACS Benefits for Unemployed Members
If you’re an ACS member looking for work, you’re not alone – ACS is here for you, with a host of valuable benefits and services to help get you back into the workforce. Here are some ways ACS can help you right now:
- Get a special dues waiver – retain all membership benefits at no cost; for eligibility details, contact us with e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 1-800-333-9511 or 1-614-447-3776
- Register for free for ACS National Meetings and just $25 for Regional Meetings; network and attend the ACS Career Fairs with on-site interviews
- Take advantage of special discounts for ACS/Harvard courses, ACS ProSpectives and Short Courses, and the ACS Leadership Development System.
- Join the ACS Network, your online resource to connect and communicate with friends, colleagues, and potential employers
- Free Guidance from ACS Career Consultants – ACS mentors offer resume reviews, job search strategies, and interview tips that make you stand out from the rest
- Members-only access to the ACS Salary Comparator.
And that’s just the beginning – you’ll find a wealth of information about career development on the ACS Careers web site, as well as the ACS Careers Jobs Database. Contact ACS today to see how we can help – e-mail email@example.com or call 800-333-9511 or 614-447-3776.